Development Squad seek coaches for upcoming season
AFL Central West are searching for assistant coaches to join their Development Squad panel in 2022. This opportunity is open to anyone located in the Central West willing to work in our boys and girls pathway.
Trainings run from 5:30-7pm on Tuesday evenings at Waratah Sports Ground (Orange Tigers home ground), with sessions starting in late-March and running through until early-August. In addition to attending weekly training, it is preferable that the coaches can also attend the full-squad matches held around the state including Nowra, Canberra, and Blacktown.
Of particular importance is a female coach to support the GWS Development Youth Girls program now embedded in the Development Squad.
If these roles are of interest to you, please contact Head Coach Kieran Brown via email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
As part of the positions, mandatory requirements are:
- Current minimum standard coaching accreditation – can be obtained here
- Valid Working with Children’s Check – volunteer or paid
- Valid driver’s licence
- Excellent communication skills – with kids and adults
- Excellent punctuality and presentation
In addition to the above, it is desirable that any applicant has:
- A moderate level of coaching experience
- A desire and willingness to complete the Level 2 AFL Coaching accreditation